Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

Alexandre Prokoudine writes:
words heavily depends on user's background. E.g. younger and less
experienced users don't get the way all crop-related functions in GIMP
are translated into Russian, because typically they are not familiar
with photography terminology and expect simpler words.

Even in English, people new to GIMP may look for "Resize" when they
actually want "Crop", especially if they're transitioning from
programs that don't use the word "Crop". I know that was a problem
for me when I first started learning GIMP, and a search tool that
told me something called "Crop" exists when I searched for "Resize"
would have helped a lot.

        ...Akkana