Re: [Gimp-developer] Of Palettes and Plug-ins

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog gmail com> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Warren Turkal <wt penguintechs org>
wrote:
Just so you all know, this actually started with my wife wanting to
import
*.ase palettes in .

Same here, but I just wanted to use Kuler palettes.  Adobe claims the
.ase specs are in the PS SDK, but if they are I never found them.

That's about as far down the rabbit hole as I got - I didn't feel like
reverse-engineering the PS palette format.

I've seen some references to the format online. If it's as simple as it
looks, I'll be okay. If not, at least I'll have fun.

Back to your main question: unless I'm out of touch, I believe all of
the file loader plugins need to be written in C.  I could well be
wrong though.  It's been quite some time since I touched anything
having to do with GIMP besides the occasional plug-in in Python.

This knowledge is still current. The work I linked to in my original
message was a start at trying to change that. I was trying to plumb through
the ability to write plugins that could process files when you go through
the normal import palette from file dialog.

Thanks,
wt