Re: [Gimp-developer] Of Palettes and Plug-ins

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually already found it, and it's been
pretty helpful. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to import some ase's that I
have come across, like the ase ones
here<http://www.sherwin-williams.com/architects-specifiers-designers/color/color-tools/downloadable-color-palettes/>.
However, I successfully been using it for some knowledge about the plugin
process.

When I first found that plugin, I was wondering why it created a new menu
item in the palette menu. I found that it isn't possible to have plugins
just provide a palette loader procedure and that the only way to integrate
such a plugin was by creating ta new menu item that separately adds a
palette.

That discovery seemed unfortunate to me, so now my goal is to make the
process smoother by allowing one to write a plugin that will detect and
load the file when it's selected through the normal import palette from
file option. That "normal" method will have to change to allow plugins to
be used in addition to the other palette loaders of course. It might even
make sense to convert those palette loaders to plugins.

Just so you all know, this actually started with my wife wanting to import
*.ase palettes in .

Later,
wt