Re: [Gimp-developer] Procedure for new patches

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

>> Unless, of course, by the time you get to that stage Paul merges video
>> tracks patch to Ardour.
>
> Ok I miss the references so I guess I need an explanation because I am
> either too new to the GIMP list to know a Paul, or that's someone from
> Ardour's dev team, or from somewhere else. And what is the video
> tracks patch you are talking about? Is Ardour becoming a Video Editor
> as well?

Heh, Paul = Paul Davis, lead developer of Ardour.

No, Ardour isn't becoming a video editor. It's just typical for a
mature DAW to have simple video tracks for easier orientation, when
you are working on a soundtrack.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org