Re: [Gimp-developer] Procedure for new patches

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:
>
>> it. First the last code I could find (on the GIMP plugin registry) was
>> for Gimp 2.6 3 years ago, along with a Windows binary (we use Linux
>> distributions). I could compile it nonetheless but the fact it is
>> obviously unmaintained is not reassuring.
>
> It's not a fact, it's an assumption and an incorrect one at that :)
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp-gap

Thanks. I could not find a repo before. I'll have a look there.

>> In our current workflow, for extracting images from video data, we use
>> directly ffmpeg. For the sound, we will be most likely using Audacity
>> and Ardour on a RT kernel.
>
> I would recommend Ardour 3 and xjadeo for syncing audio and video.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at this. Any other advice on
any part of a full movie creation workflow is good to take, so don't
hesitate (true for everyone on the list)! :-)
I am just starting to compare, research and test all these awesome programs.

> Unless, of course, by the time you get to that stage Paul merges video
> tracks patch to Ardour.

Ok I miss the references so I guess I need an explanation because I am
either too new to the GIMP list to know a Paul, or that's someone from
Ardour's dev team, or from somewhere else. And what is the video
tracks patch you are talking about? Is Ardour becoming a Video Editor
as well?

Thanks.

Jehan