Re: [Gimp-developer] Procedure for new patches

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

> it. First the last code I could find (on the GIMP plugin registry) was
> for Gimp 2.6 3 years ago, along with a Windows binary (we use Linux
> distributions). I could compile it nonetheless but the fact it is
> obviously unmaintained is not reassuring.

It's not a fact, it's an assumption and an incorrect one at that :)

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp-gap

> In our current workflow, for extracting images from video data, we use
> directly ffmpeg. For the sound, we will be most likely using Audacity
> and Ardour on a RT kernel.

I would recommend Ardour 3 and xjadeo for syncing audio and video.
Unless, of course, by the time you get to that stage Paul merges video
tracks patch to Ardour.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org