Re: Stable GARNOME via arch

begin  Raul Acevedo  quotation:
> Nick Moffitt wrote:
>  > 	No setup is necessary for a simple tla get.  The setup is only
>  > needed if you're going to be doing commits or branches etc.
>
> No set up, other than:
> 1.  mkdir ~/projects; cd ~/projects
> 2.  tla my-id "Bob Kashani <bobk ocf berkeley edu>"
> 3.  mkdir ~/.arch-params/signing
> 4.  gpg --clearsign
> 5.  gpg --verify-files -
> 6.  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 565B38F9
> 7.  tla register-archive jdub perkypants org--projects http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/arch
> 8.  tla archives
> 9.  tla my-default-archive jdub perkypants org--projects
> 10. tla abrowse garnome
> 11. cd ~/projects
> 12. tla get garnome--kenny--2.5.2 garnome--kenny--2.5.x
> 13. cd ~/projects/garnome--kenny--2.5.x

	I'd say there are at least two necessary commands hidden in
there.

	I just installed the tla backports on a debian woody box, and
with no setup I am running the following:

$ tla register-archive jdub perkypants org--projects http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/arch
$ tla get jdub perkypants org--projects/garnome--kenny--2.5.2

	Sure, it kvetches about how I'm not checking signatures. If I
cared enough about that, I'd just do this:

$ mkdir -p ~/.arch-params/signing
$ echo '/usr/bin/tla-gpg-check gpg_command="gpg --keyserver pgp.dtype.org --keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve --verify-files -"' > ~/.arch-params/signing/\=default.check

	Not exactly 13 steps, now is it?  That's four, HALF of which
are just extras.

> I consider having to follow 11 commands to be a fair bit of set up
> to do before you even get to do your first "tla get".

	Most of what you listed are just verification of things like
"gpg works" and "I can see archives up there".  Also, you manually
grabbed a key instead of telling gnupg to download automatically.

	The my-id is only used for checkins, and the
"my-default-archive" step is actually not a good idea.

	Also, you listed all your cding around as "steps", which I
find somewhat intellectually dishonest.

--
The insipid neologism "blog" appears to mean little more        Nick Moffitt
than a Web site that *actually* gets updated, as opposed  nick teh entar net