Re: Stable GARNOME via arch

Bob Kashani wrote:

 > To be totally fair to Arch, I doubt it would take you more than 30
 > seconds to set it up and pull the sources. It does require a few more
 > commands than CVS but the difference in setup time between the two is
 > only a few seconds at most.

I doubt 30 seconds was what it took me.  Because there's more commands,
there's more that is unfamiliar and that you have to double check.  It
took me a few minutes to set it up, certainly longer than CVS.

The HowTo is excellent, but Arch still requires a lot of commands to set
up.  Even if it is straightforward, it's just a little scary.

BTW, to those of you contemplating it, it IS easy to set up,
irrespective of the number of unfamiliar commands.

Raul