Re: foundation application..

On 19/02/15 15:39, Germán Poo-Caamaño wrote:
Keep it simple. The point is to check whether asking for 2 extra
months of involvement to internship is based on solid ground, no only
perception or anecdotes, as you claimed it is done. The archives with
the decisions are public as well.

Sorry for prolonging this thread, but if we are trying to answer
questions I would like to know if people have considerations about this:
- What is the impact of having people joining the Foundation and
vanishing later?
- Do people that don't intend to continue contributing to GNOME actually
apply to GNOME Foundation? If yes, why would they do that?

I think those are important questions because if people vanish after the
end of the internship but they don't apply at all, this probably doesn't
require special handling from the membership committee. And if that
happens sometimes, if it doesn't cause any issue, again, why bother with
special ruling this and risking potential problems?

Regards,

Luciana Fujii