Re: foundation application..

Hi.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 07:55:05AM -0600, meg ford wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de>
wrote:

I don't read "all successful interns are not eligible for membership"
there which is what you claimed.

This is not what we were discussing in the thread.
I was under the impression that Magdalen is.  She claimed that we're telling
"all succesful interns that they's not eligible".

We were discussing the fact (as stated in the email Magdalen quoted) that
interns are not eligible for Foundation membership for six months after their
internship has ended. Are you saying that this waiting period does not exist,
or is not taken into account when the applications of former interns are
reviewed?
There is no general answer.  Applications are handled on a case-by-case basis.
The number of objections to the decision of the membership committee I know of is exactly 0.
Of course, that number is biased towards the lower end as people might not
have applied in first case.  And it's hard to say how many people have not applied.

We're quite transparent (that doesn't mean that there is no room for
improvement, though).  We have a list of approved
applicants here: https://wiki.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee/ApprovedMembers
With the RT number you can find the relevant application and all its email,
because it is publicly archived.  Given that some of you say they don't know
what contributions will give you a membership, I guess we need to make those
resources of information better known.

It would be helpful if you answered that question, since that is what is
being discussed.
I'll try my best.

Cheers,
  Tobi