Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

hi Alexandre;

On 16 September 2014 17:22, Alexandre Franke <alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
On 16 September 2014 16:09, Alexandre Franke <alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:
http://www.gnome.org/foundation/reports/ is a bit outdated, but it exists.

minor correction: it's not really outdated. the foundation publishes
the reports for the previous fiscal year, as it's required by law.

We're in September 2014. The latest financial report is for the period
October 2010 – July 2011. I don't know when the fiscal year ends,

I see annual reports for every year; they include the financial report
for the foundation.

for instance, you can see the financial report for 2013, alongside the
2010, 2011, and 2012 results for comparison, on the 2013 annual
report, which was presented at this year's GUADEC.

at this year's GUADEC, the board also presented some preliminary data
for the beginning of 2014, to show the current trend.

but
I guess we should at least see something for 2012, maybe even early
2013? So yes, this seems indeed *a bit* outdated. Note I already said
"a bit" in my previous email, and I'm really not saying "overly". :-)

right, there's a bit of disconnect between calendar year and fiscal
year, and on top of that we have our own project calendar that usually
revolves around GUADEC.

the fiscal year in the US begins on October 1st, and ends on September
30th, so the current fiscal year is 2014 for the next 14 days, then FY
2015 will start. the budget for 2015 will be published after FY 2015
starts, whereas the financial report for FY 2014 will be published at
the AGM, at GUADEC next year, as we usually do.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
http://www.bassi.io