Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

Additional thoughts on what I just said in my previous mail:
[...]
In theory I don't see a reason why GNOME couldn't "store for many years"
the GNOME project gsoc mentor 500$ stipends it receives, except that in
practice they are too little and thus end up being used completely (I
think).

Moreover, if there is a need for a veteran developer to work on a
particular module/project, there is also the possibility of doing a
public fundraiser to get the exact amount of funds required (or more).
The accessibility, privacy or Pitivi campaigns come to my mind as such
examples.