Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 09:07:18PM +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
> But we should stop guessing or making assumption now and wait for
> someone from the travel committee or with the relevant knowledge about
> that budget to confirm what is done with this money.

We are still waiting for a response here. What is the approximative
budget allocated directly by the Gnome Foundation for outreach?
Including GUADEC attendance sponsorship for GSoC students and OPW
interns. And including at least the two OPW interns in 2013 sponsored
directly by the Gnome Foundation.

I'm just curious. There are other ways to use this budget, or at least
reduce the outreach budget quite significantly without loosing much,
IMHO.

Not related to the OPW at all ...

I do believe GNOME Foundation should have a clear (and well documented) way for people raising their questions wrt how the GNOME Foundation's money is spent.
I *do* understand it's keep private for security reasons and, just to be more than clear, I am *not* questioning this.
What I'm questioning is: Could the Foundation provide a way for the members to check whatever they want to check wrt this topic?
It probably would generate less noise, as the person could ask someone from the Board, and avoid (unnecessary) flame wars.
Also, people really interested in find a way to save GNOME Foundation's money (as Sébastien seems to be), could approach the Board with concrete suggestions based on real data, not only on based on "guessing".

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio