Re: Extending the call for candidates (was Re: Withdrawal of board of idrectors candidacy)

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 15:23 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
IMHO, for many people is not clear what the board of directors does and
its limitations.  Neither what it should be expected for a director nor
what could be done that would be impossible otherwise.

Sadly, I must agree that a lot of people don't know what the board is doing.  There isn't really a lot of communication between the board and the foundation.  But the fault lies in both.  Attempts have been made to have meetings, but they haven't been good attendance.

I have forwarded our marketing minutes to foundation-list and I never really got any feedback on the things.  I would like to see more traffic on foundation-list.

To give you an idea: among the proposals, I think there are several of
them that could be done without being a director.  I bet some candidates
think the same.

Indeed.  Even outreach as several of us have been doing doesn't strictly require being a director.  But I am interested in formulating external partnerships and that does feel like I need to look at being on the board.

IMHO, for contributors who have not been in the board is hard to run for
the first time and have a solid proposal (or even have a proposal at
all).

Sure..

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño