Re: Extending the call for candidates (was Re: Withdrawal of board of idrectors candidacy)

    My point about the candidates this time
    being really strong is that I think there were a few people who were
    thinking of running but who decided not to run against the people who had
    already put themselves forward.

That is unfortunate.  The members ought to have the choice.

    I don't object to this change, but I worry about the wait and see attitude
    it could encourage for people who might be more timid about running.

Didn't you just say that they are already doing just that?

How can we encourage people to nominate themselves earlier?
Perhaps announcing the nominations only at the close of the period
would do it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation