Re: GNOME now

    Why not just include an "About GNOME" section in System Settings where
    we can talk about these sorts of things - about software freedom and
    what it means. About DRM and why we don't include tools to allow its
    use, and why free formats like OGG are preferable. We could have
    multiple tabs:

That is a very good idea.  However, it might be useful also to find a
way to show this info once in a blue moon to users without their having
to explicitly go looking.

Liam suggested:

    Can the desktop by
    > default at least have such a document on it for people to read?

I think that is good too.

Alan Cox suggested:

    One place to put it is part of an introductory first run tutorial which
    also explains things like the top left corner, some basic keybindings etc.

That is even better -- but why not do all of them?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation