Re: GNOME now

    I respect that those artists who create digital art should have
    mechanisms to "own" their artwork or to control how it should be
    consumed or presented.

DRM is a scheme to restrict the public.  This deserves opposition and
defeat -- not "respect".  DRM additionally attacks the free software
movement: DRM-loaded works require nonfree software, and free
replacements are censored in the US and some other countries.

This is why we started the DefectiveByDesign.org.  I suggest making
GNOME inform users about DefectiveByDesign.org so as to boost the
campaign.  (People reading this might want to sign up.)

Two noteworthy erroneous assumptions in that text.

* That DRM is set up by "artists" for their own personal goals.
Typically it is implemented by companies.

* That we "consume" digital works.  One of the advantages of digital
formats is that using them does not consume them, or even wear them
out.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation