Re: GNOME now

    > It is a fact that many people use DRM schemes, but that gives them no
    > legitimacy.  We are trying to convince people to reject them.  We MUST
    > try, not only because DRM denies the users long-established freedoms,
    > but also because the wide use of DRM works against the adoption of
    > free software generally.

    The way to do this is not by telling people Free Software users are a
    bunch of freeloading jerks who don't care about other people's hard work
    and just want stuff witout paying.

As a theoretical point, I think you're right.  But none of us is
saying that, as far as I know.

    For example, build in to the GNOME desktop image viewers, sound players,
    font viewers and movie players the ability to bring up information about
    the creator and to donate money. Make it ubiquitous.

I suggest such a system in my speeches.  There are two obstacles to doing
it now in GNOME:

* It is not easy to look up such info.

* It is very hard to pay anonymously.

--