Re: GNOME now

    "Consume" is not the best word to use as you point out.  Some works of
    art are expensive and require financing.  Most movies or digital games
    cost a small fortune to make, for example.  DRM may not be the best way
    for such works to be financed, but it is a popular way used by many
    average people today.

It is a fact that many people use DRM schemes, but that gives them no
legitimacy.  We are trying to convince people to reject them.  We MUST
try, not only because DRM denies the users long-established freedoms,
but also because the wide use of DRM works against the adoption of
free software generally.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation