Re: GNOME now

On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 13:38 -0500, Emily Gonyer wrote:
> Why not just include an "About GNOME" section in System Settings

It would be a start, but some down sides might be -
. administrators locking away access to "about gnome"
. people not thinking to look in a configuration tool for information on
the project as a whole.

> we can talk about these sorts of things - about software freedom and
> what it means. About DRM and why we don't include tools to allow its
> use, and why free formats like OGG are preferable. We could have
> multiple tabs: One about GNOME, another about DRM, another about
> software freedom generally and then a third with copies of the various
> free software licenses and explanations of them (ie GPL, LGPL, BSD,
> etc).

This is going in a good direction, as long as it gets simplified after
consensus on what to include ;-) It should include other important
goals, such as universal access (accessibility, internationalisation,
working on as many devices as possible and on lower-end devices)...

Liam