Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On 12/14/2009 04:34 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:

Also, the GNU project is not the FSF. When reading the thread, I have
the feeling that some people want the GNOME project to not be part of
the FSF, or to disagree with the FSF. The GNOME Foundation is part of
the FSF, and we sometimes disagree with the FSF, and we're all fine this
way.

Humm, *now* I'm confused. What does it mean that "The GNOME Foundation is part of the FSF"?

As for "GNOME being a GNU project", what that means is explained here:

  http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html

behdad

 (Note that the FSF is an advisory board member of the GNOME
Foundation, though, and it's valuable one that we're happy to have). I
think Andy wrote more on this [1], but I didn't take the time to read
his post so I won't put words in his mouth :-)

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://wingolog.org/archives/2009/12/13/gnu-gnome-and-the-fsf