Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> On 12/14/2009 04:34 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
>
>> Also, the GNU project is not the FSF. When reading the thread, I have
>> the feeling that some people want the GNOME project to not be part of
>> the FSF, or to disagree with the FSF. The GNOME Foundation is part of
>> the FSF, and we sometimes disagree with the FSF, and we're all fine this
>> way.
>
> Humm, *now* I'm confused.  What does it mean that "The GNOME Foundation is
> part of the FSF"?
>
> As for "GNOME being a GNU project", what that means is explained here:
>
>  http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html

Note that we've always ignored about 90% of this page with no ill
effects for either us or GNU.

Which is really my position on the whole thing: the adults in this
project have always treated requests from GNU the same way we treat
requests from any other community member- if it makes sense, we do it;
if it doesn't make sense, we ignore it. Usually we ignore it quietly.
I will try to refrain from speculating as to why this particular
suggestion was ignored so loudly, but I'd suggest that quietly is
better.

Luis