Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Stormy, we seem to be miscommunicating.  I said that people should not
promote non-free software on Planet GNOME.  You seem to be arguing
against something different.  For instance,

    My post on hunting comes to mind. I self censor now because I didn't like
    the negative comments directed at my kids. But would you block my whole blog
    because a vocal portion of the community is anti-hunting and people in my
    family hunt?

GNOME is not connected with the anti-hunting movement; there's no
reason it should have any position on the question.  But GNOME is part
of the GNU Project, and it ought to support the free software
movement.  The most minimal support for the free software movement is
to refrain from going directly against it; that is, to avoid
presenting proprietary software as legitimate.

I think Planet GNOME should have a rule to this effect.  There are
many ways to implement such a rule, of which "block the whole blog" is
about the toughest one we might consider.  I'd suggest rather to try a
mild approach; I'm sure that can do the job.