Re: Fwd: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

Hi Valek,

Valek Filippov wrote:
>>  I would love an extra conference in Canada, for example. But the GNOME
>>  User and Developer EUROPEAN Conference is ... well, European. Right?
>
> Btw, why the Boston Summit is always in Boston?
> It's not fair!
> There are much better places for this event.
> For example the Boston Summit in Kyoto would be a nice idea.

As Luis pointed out, the Boston Summit is in Boston because both Red Hat
and Novell (formerly Ximian) have lots of GNOME developers living there.
Holding the Summit there allowed these companies to send more people.

I think a GNOME event in Kyoto would be a great idea. The Foundation has
always encouraged GNOME events in regions other than Europe and the US -
the GNOME Forum in Brazil, the GNOME Asia Summit in Beijing later this
year, the GNOME developer room in FOSDEM, and gnome.conf.au in LCA.

If you would like to see a GNOME event in Japan, the please! by all
means, start one, and request help from fellow GNOME hackers and from
the foundation.

Cheers,
Dave.

--