Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 22:39 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 08:48 +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:
> >
> > If keeping the costs down is a factor, then perhaps some attempt
> > should
> > be made to return the conference forward in the calendar a bit.  Too
> > late for 2008, of course, but something we may want to consider for
> > 2009.
>
> GUADEC was pushed into the high-season to avoid conflicts with school
> exams.  It just happens that school exams determine high season too.

With all these discussions about changing things about GUADEC, like not
choosing Europe as a location and changing the date ... Didn't Guadec
work out quite well the other years? If the formula, then why change it?

However.

I would love an extra conference in Canada, for example. But the GNOME
User and Developer EUROPEAN Conference is ... well, European. Right?

Although a lot of Canadians and Europeans would love Canada to become
part of Europe! We once made a tunnel* to the guys living on the British
Islands, maybe we can make one to Canada too? ;-)

* Regretfully is air-travel nonetheless cheaper than using the tunnel.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be