Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

Hi,

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> For the first time we also invite proposals to hold GUADEC and Akademy,
> the KDE community conference, at the same time, in the same location.
> Proposals should detail plans for hosting up to 800 attendees, with
> separate facilities available for Akademy and GUADEC planned sessions.

Can I get away from the "can GUADEC be outside Europe?" discussion for a
second to say "Yay! GNOME and KDE agree on getting together in the same
place and having conversations!" Now, it's entirely possible that the
boards of the respective organisations have organised switchblades and
knuckledusters for us to do a Jets vs Sharks thing, but if that's not
the case, we're likely to have some nice conversations and
collaboration, which is, all things considered, great!

An aside: some of my preferred locations for GUADEC would be (planting
ideas in the heads of possible organisers):

Amsterdam
Frankfurt
Paris
Brussels
Geneva
Milan

All major cities, major travel hubs in Europe, easy to get to, with many
university options.

Anyone in any of these places feel tempted?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary