Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
>>  About GUADEC out of Europe, that's fine as long as the place is Ok for
>>  travel.  Bangalore has the same problem that US has.  Too far...  That
>>  said, I love to see GUADEC '11 in Morocco for example...
>
> I wouldn't. GNOME is all about creating more freedom, Morocco is all
> about taking away those freedoms. It would seem weird if the
> conference was hosted in a country so diametrically opposed to what
> GNOME stands for. That and the burning summer heat. :)

Hello,

May I ask you to give more details about the following claims:
1) "Morocco is all about taking away those freedoms"
You may have more freedoms than what a Moroccan person has, but did
any Moroccan try to take away your freedom ? Maybe should you think
about sharing the freedom you got with people who didn't have the
chance to have it or understand it ?

2) "Burning summer heat"
This one made me smile :)

Actually I think it would be really awesome to hold the Guadec '10 or
'11 in Morocco.

Thank you,

--
Ali Sabil