Re: Re-considering expectnation web service
- From: "Corey Burger" <corey burger gmail com>
- To: "Edd Dumbill" <edd expectnation com>
- Cc: Edd Dumbill <edd gnome org>, guadec-list <guadec-list gnome org>, foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Re-considering expectnation web service
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:08:13 -0800
On Dec 29, 2007 11:06 AM, Edd Dumbill <edd expectnation com> wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2007, at 17:16, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > alarms with FUD seekers. A question I have is, is Edd's stuff all
> > proprietary or is it Open Source code in which he provides a service
> > over (i.e. Source Forge like)? If that was the case I wouldn't even
> > mind paying for Edd's services.
> It's all proprietary right now. Open sourcing is a possibility for the
> future, but it's not likely to happen in 2008.
> If you like what you see this year, it's definitely a conversation to
> have. I'd hate to see the foundation waste time on reimplementing what
> we've got, and there might be avenues to explore; and if Expectnation
> settles on a business model that will accommodate our code being open
> sourced, we'd love to do that.
Wordpress.com is a good case for this. There are a class of users that
want hosted and a class that don't.
] [Thread Prev