Re: Re-considering expectnation web service
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr>
- Cc: Edd Dumbill <edd gnome org>, guadec-list <guadec-list gnome org>, foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Re-considering expectnation web service
- Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:47:43 -0500
On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 00:35 +0000, Baris Cicek wrote:
> Even though it's a proprietary service, Edd Dumbill pledged to give any
> data related with GUADEC in standard formats (xml, sql etc.), for me
> this will be adequate to feel free to use it.
Fine with me. It's a service we are shopping for, and we've got to bear
with the best available option.
Sure, one should feel free to apply the Free Software approach to it and
go write a free one, but doesn't mean GUADEC 2008 shouldn't use the
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
] [Thread Prev