Re: Code of Conduct final draft?

[snip]
> The charter contains
> already "a set of principles that we, the GNOME community, believe in
> and strive to abide by". The by-laws contains already a benchmark
> to look to for the board and the rest of bodies officially involved in
> the GNOME project.
>
> These documents reflect already the content and intent of the GNOME
> Foundation. They don't need any extra blessing or acceptance, what is in
> there is a right, a duty and a guidance for all of us. If they need
> updating let's update them. If they need advertisement let's advertise
> them.

Wow, that would be even more of a stamp of approval than I was asking for.

The only downside is that we probably need a refendum to ammend or change
the foundations's charter. And I think that a referendum just for these
simple guidelines of behaviour would be a sign of failure. Therefore, I
don't think I'd ask for quite that much of a stamp of approval.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com