Re: Reducing the board size

Jeff Waugh wrote:

I'm saying no because in the general case, it's not basic agreement that is
the problem, it's the finality and commitment of execution that is. Even on
this particular issue, there was broad agreement among board members (in the
past) that a smaller board would be more capable of making quick decisions,
I don't agree that there was broad agreement, and I was on the Board at the time. There may have been meetings in which members opposed were absent, I can recall one such meeting which I could not attend due to circumstances beyond my control.

This, too, is a danger, in that a small group can easily infer a consensus that may either not really exist, or not accurately reflect the concerns of the Foundation they represent.

Bill