Re: Reducing the board size

On Thu, October 27, 2005 03:15, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> 7 is way too small to represent the diversity of our community. Consider
> it in these terms: 2 people from 3 contributing companies and 1 other
> person.
>
> No thanks. Our community deserves a diverse board, and structured
> leadership for our organisation.

Well, looking at the previous elections results, I see a lot of Novell,
Red Hat (and in the past, Sun) people in the board. There were some
"independant" people too, but not that much.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just trying to show some facts.

So, if I follow your logic, I would say we shouldn't accept more than
2 (or 3) people from the same company in a board with 11 directors.
Does it sound like a change you would support?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.