Re: Advisory referendum, not decision [Was: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

On ศ., 2005-11-18 at 03:20 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> > > I count 12: Jeff, Federico, Behdad, German, Christian, Vincent, Luis,
> > > Jonathan, Bastien, Anne, Quim, Dave (me)
> >
> > Just to make it clear, the confusion came from the fact that some
> > didn't send their statement to foundation-announce, only
> > foundation-list :).
>
>   And at least Anne's post to foundation-announce was caught in the
> manual approval bounce and trashed by my spam filter script. Yes this
> is unfortunate, but as far as I can tell, I am the only one doing
> the bounce handling for foundation-list, foundation-announce and
> a number of GNOME related mailing lists and I need such a tool to not
> waste hours and hours doing SPAM bounce cleanups in front of a very
> primitive based web selection UI (click on 5x5 pixels, scroll,
> click on 5x5 pixels, scroll, click on 5x5 pixels, etc. repeat for
> half an hour, no thanks !)

No such tool required. This is what the moderator team are here for ;)
Quick (human) response to moderator requests, and keeping all the spam
trimmed back. I'm sure moderating the foundation-announce list too
wouldn't be much more trouble.

http://live.gnome.org/ModeratorTeam

(more OT: Yes, the mailman moderator interface leaves a lot to be
desired, but hey it works. And it's open source, so we can always make
an easier and more efficient interface when we have some time. I have
some plans to do something with it if I don't die of old age first)

--
Ross