Re: Advisory referendum, not decision [Was: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

Hi,

Just setting some facts straight.

Dominic Lachowicz wrote:
But you bring up a good point - this referendum was advisory only,
which is a point that I (and perhaps others) overlooked. That leaves
me with a few questions and only 7-8 days until the election is
scheduled (if http://foundation.gnome.org/elections/2005/rules.html is
up-to-date).

Given that jrb announced that the board had asked nominations to be pushed bach to this evening (assuming that 24 hours extension meant 24 hours from the moment where he announced), that pushes everything back 3 days.

Candidacies must be announced prior to November 14, 2005 or
thereabouts (which has already passed). Currently, I count 8 nominees
(Federico, Christian, Jonathan, Bastien, Vincent, Behdad, Quim,
David).

I count 12: Jeff, Federico, Behdad, German, Christian, Vincent, Luis, Jonathan, Bastien, Anne, Quim, Dave (me)

Note that Quim "officially" nominated Jeff on the 16th, before jrb's announcement of the deadline extension. I guess the election committee will make that decision, though.

Will this be 8 nominees to fill 11 seats? Or 12 seats (11 board seats
+ Tim's vacancy)?

The board is 11 people, including Tim. The executive director (the title) is not a member of the board. Tim Ney (the individual) is. So there is no vacancy on the board.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary