Re: [Fwd: Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

<quote who="Andreas J. Guelzow">

> I never said _you_ did. The exact words used were: "It's not about radical
> things happening, it's about untrustworthy people being elected." see
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2005-October/msg00068.html

One of the reasons why we have elections is so that we can vote for people
we trust, and not vote for people we don't trust. Similarly, that's also why
people *run* for elections. I'm surprised you're making a big deal out of
something so fundamental to the process: Yes, people do run for election so
that those they do not trust are not elected. Surprise? Not even remotely.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

       "In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type:
                        text/plain" - Martin Schulze