Re: [Fwd: Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

On Thu, 2005-17-11 at 14:53 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Andreas J. Guelzow">
>
> > I never said _you_ did. The exact words used were: "It's not about radical
> > things happening, it's about untrustworthy people being elected." see
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2005-October/msg00068.html
>
> One of the reasons why we have elections is so that we can vote for people
> we trust, and not vote for people we don't trust. Similarly, that's also why
> people *run* for elections. I'm surprised you're making a big deal out of
> something so fundamental to the process: Yes, people do run for election so
> that those they do not trust are not elected. Surprise? Not even remotely.

Well, in the context of having a candidate being an essential part of
the election committee, Dave Neary asked: "What ever happened to trust?"

Apparently, in your own opinion, there are people in the foundation
tahat are not trusted by some (and who have run for election in the
past). So why should one trust a candidate who is also heavily involved
in the running of the election?

Andreas