Re: [Fwd: Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 11:28 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> On Wed, November 16, 2005 10:33, Quim Gil wrote:
> >
> >> If the announce was not clear or if the informations can not be easily
> >> found, please send a mail to the committee so it can be improved next
> >> year.
> >
> > An improvement would be to include some comments on the "campaign". I
> > don't know if it should be about rules or netiquette. For instance:
> >
> > - Recommendation to send a brief email announcing the will to present
> > candidacy.
>
> Isn't sending the nomination mail better? :-) But I understand what you
> mean (announcing the will is easy & fast to do).
>
> > - Allowed use of lists and etc to introduce and promote candidacies.
>
> Well, foundation-list is here for that. I'm not sure this would be
> appropriate on other lists.
>
> <quote page="http://foundation.gnome.org/elections/2005/rules.html";>
>  All discussion related to the elections should be held on
>  foundation-list gnome org  Members are invited to ask questions to
>  one or all candidates on that list.
> </quote>
>
> > - Access to planet.gnome.org (at least during the eection period) to
> > those candidates with blog.
>
> They already have access: since they're candidates, they're Foundation
> members and so they can be on the planet. Sending a mail to Jeff is
> enough. People might now know it, though.
>
> > - Cool and uncool (?) ways to introduce and promote your candidacy.
>
> Not sure what you mean here :-)
>
> > This would help disoriented new candidates (like myself) moving
> > appropriately between silence and abuse or offtopic.
>
> So, it seems you're looking for a "candidate howto" :-)
> This sounds like a good idea. I'm adding an item to the committee todo
> list.

Vincent you have been doing a wonderful and very large job on the
election committee.

I thank you sincerely for this fine work that you and the rest of the
committee has done.

We need to trust you guys 100%.

But I would like to say this sooner and not later that I think that you
as a candidate yourself should not at the same time be sitting on the
election committee- for your own sake as a serious and very skilled
candidate to a seat on the board.

Regards

Anne
--