Re: Licensing and copyright
- From: Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>
- To: Rob Adams <readams readams net>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Licensing and copyright
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:58:51 -0500
I don't believe that any part of GNOME is currently an FSF copyrighted
package. However, would the FSF be interested in receiving copyrights
in parts of GNOME by authors interested in making these assignments?
It isn't very useful to accept copyright assignments haphazardly,
because a lot of the benefit comes from having a simple copyright
status for the program (just one copyright holder, or one main
copyright holder). So the best thing to do is decide, for the
package, whether you want to aim for a single copyright holder. If
you want to do that, it can be the FSF.
] [Thread Prev