Re: Licensing and copyright

On 23/02/2004 10:48 AM, Andy Tai wrote:

I remember seeing the message "Copyright 1999-200x
Free Software Foundation, Inc. " in the about boxes of
several GNOME programs.
In most cases, those messages are incorrect. Often they are cases of "I would like to assign this to the FSF" rather than "I have assigned this to the FSF", which is really bad because it makes it difficult to know who owns the code.

The copyright guidelines should make it absolutely clear that accurate copyright notices are critical, both for packages where copyright is assigned and those where it is retained.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/