Re: Licensing and copyright

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:17:38AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>   + If I assign copyright to the Queen of England[1], is it just
>     something we can all chuckle at or am I potentially causing problems
>     for the whole project?

If any evil proprietary company ever uses any gdm2 code in any product I will
do the following steps to remedy the situation:

 1) Laugh very hard while pointing at them.
 2) Wipe off the screen as I've spat my coffee at it while laughing too hard.
 3) Make sure I don't own any of their stock, in case I do, sell it.
  3.1) I think at this point I think it would also make sense to short their
       stock.
 4) Get on with my life.

:)

Really the whole project cannot be affected by one members contempt for
copyright law[1], and if any project is affected, then it is gdm2 only and if
anyone thinks of copying that, they're completely insane and deserve what
they get.

George

<footnote rant>
[1] Copyright was invented by people who are so stupid they cannot think of
anything that would actually warrant protection, so they made a law that
would protect whatever moronic brain puke you happened to spill at any
particular moment no matter how useless, idiotic or brainless[2] it happens
to be.
</footnote rant>

[2] See gdm2 code for an example of all three.

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Zivot je kratkej a posranej, jako zebricek do kurniku.