Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimity! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 07:34, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> > > Stop! Did I got that right? Wasn't it the reason why you *want* to have
> > > anonymous vote in the first place? :)
> > >
> I hope this eliminates the issue with that "we do not want a company
> to get board of directors
> under control by making employees to vote as needed".

Aleksey - I thought I was clear about this in my original reply, which
I'll quote here:

"Despite the built-in protection which
prevents a single entity from dominating the board, there is still the
danger that an employee of Company A feels pressured to vote for a
candidate working for Company A as the vote is open."

The idea of a company dominating the board has come entirely from your
subsequent exchange of mail!

This is more about the personal effects of open voting - and this
pressure is particularly difficult for employees of such companies.

Mike