Re: About the future of X (Windows)

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 11:24:09AM +0000, Michael Meeks was heard to remark:
> Hi Linas,
>
> On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 00:19, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > If you or others know him well, and trust him, then rush to his defense.
> > Clear the air.  As an outsider, all I see is controversy, and its hard
> > to tell who is right and who is wrong.
>
> 	My impression of Keith is one of openness, integrity, helpfulness, and
> technical nous. Sometimes sensible people get put in strange situations,
> and do odd things, at least that's how I like to think of my multitude
> of past screw-ups :-)
>
> 	Then again; I havn't read any of the controversy, nor do I know any of
> the  other people involved. It seems to me Keith is the X chap I see at
> (Gnome) conferences, doing the real work and helping me personally when
> I have questions / problems, long may that continue.

Excellent.

announces that Keith has been kicked out of the group of maintainers.
The next dozen posts also paint a pretty ugly picture, and there are plenty
of other direct attacks, very accusative, as bad as anything I've seen.
Wexelblat in particular seems to hate his guts.   Reading that list, you'd
think Keith does not have many freinds.  Maybe you want to send him a personal
note of support.

> 	I'm wondering though, why there is such a morbid interest in this
> particular issue ?

If one doesn't care about things, whats the point of living?

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas linas org>