Re: About the future of X (Windows)

This line of debate is pretty irrelevant.  Telling eachother
our opinions on how to run other peoples software development
isn't achieving anything.

Instead of having one X-window-system project, we *might* soon
have two.  Do we have to choose which one to use? no.
Neither group is going to change the existing API.
A change of license is the only thing either project
could do that would effect GNOME.  If one does become
non-free, we simply use the other.

It is good to be aware of these things, the information Daniel
Veillard posted was useful but there is nothing to debate.
The merits and flaws of each project should be visable in the
coming months.

Ciaran O'Riordan
(If you are interested in the status, I'd suggest reading
the xfree86 ml archives (http://www.xfree86.org/mailman/listinfo)
and typing relevant words into internet search engines)