Re: 0.8 Breaks CR2?

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net> wrote:

Well, you don't seem to have committed the patch, and I can't import the photos without that patch...

I normally don't use the XMP sidecar feature; should files get created alongside each image?

--Pat

Pat,

My mistake, I thought you could import them it would just take forever. The XMP sidecar feature as I understand it operates in two modes: ALWAYS and OFF. The ALWAYS mode is obvious, in every case metadata will be written to a .XMP file instead of the image. If you are not using the ALWAYS preference then sidecar files won't be written unless we determine we cannot safely write to the image. If there's something we don't understand about the image layout, existing metadata, etc. then you'll get a sidecar regardless of the preference setting. It's just the safest thing to do.

I need to figure out why those are not being created in this case.

Tim