Re: 0.8 Breaks CR2?

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Tim Howard <timothy howard gmail com> wrote:

I just tried importing them and it seems to be taking forever so I will be able to do some debugging with those (how's that for service?). I also found a CR2 image on the internet that causes a crash so that will be something I can fix.

I have a fix for this. I tracked down the issue to an IFDEntry that was trying to load a UShortArray that would be more bytes than the entire file. Not sure why that's the case, but that's what was happening. It's a similar problem to the other one that I fixed in that we read a place to get a count of bytes to read and that count is invalid. With the fix I am able to import your three pictures in mere seconds whereas before I had the same stall/hang issue going on.

I'll try to get a patch together that I can live with in a couple of hours and get that submitted. It's only a few lines but I want to review to problem again.

cheers,

Tim