Re: Display bigger version of a photo on a tooltip

Hello.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:42 PM, David Prieto <frandavid100 gmail com> wrote:
> Glad to have solved the misunderstanding.
>
>  > The reasons for not wanting it are broadly the same, pop-up can be
>  > distracting.  I tend to use F-Spot with the thumbnails quite large
>  > (almost the 'v' popup size), therefore David's suggestion would not add
>  > much.  I get enough detail that I can choose those photos I want to look
>  > at in more detail in slideshow mode.
>
>  >>From my point of view having such large images on the browser detracts
>  from its usability since it allows for less pictures to show up on
>  screen at the same time, and therefore makes the browsing more
>  difficult.

Why's that? If you don't want to see the bigger version of the
photo in the tooltip, then all that needs to be done is to NOT
hover over a picture. How could somebody then be distracted?

>  Yup. But, in my usercase (and my girlfriend's), the "v" key feature was not
>  obvious at all, so we have been actually double-clicking photos every time we
>  wanted to see them in detail and that makes me feel stupid now. Even now that
>  feature doesn't feel quite right to me; maybe it's because of its appearance,
>  maybe it's because of having to keep a key pressed or maybe it's from my
>  experience with other apps (read Pidgin), but having a yellow tooltip appear
>  when you let the cursor be is just the thing I'd expect to happen.

I don't know if I'd expect that. But as other applications also seem
to do that (Pidgin and some MS app, as you say, and also Konqueror),
I could easily understand that people might expect such a behaviour.
Michael