Re: Terminology

On Mon Sep 18 at 21:23 (-0400), Warren Baird wrote:
> Thomas PARIS wrote:
> >I cast my vote for a default of not showing unused tags. But that's
> >because I see albums as something used *after* importing and tagging.
>
> I'm a big fan of making the default value the thing most likely to be
> right for the users who are too naive to know to look for the option and
> change it.

We certainly agree on this.

> In this case, I don't think we can assume that people will put things in
> Albums *after* importing.   My guess is that we'll provide a mechanism
> to let people put an entire import into an Album when they import it.
> Then if they want to tag only their most recent photos they just need to
> look at that Album.
>
> Assuming we do something like that, I think that the default should be
> to show all tags.

That's where I disagree. I don't think we should immediately put
pictures into albums. But that's probably because we don't have the same
use case for albums. For me, not all pictures need to be in an album. So
we're back to the definition of an album ;)

So I think the question really is: should pictures be put in an album on
import? Maybe giving a more precise definition of album will answer this
question of course.

Cheers,
Thomas "mercen" PARIS

--
Google Talk / Jabber: mercen jabber typhon net
http://mercen.org         <- news