Re: multilingual tags

On Thu Sep 14 at 18:00 (+1000), Bengt Thuree wrote:
> I thought XMP allowed multiple languages...

It does and uses what is known as "language alternative arrays" to store
multiple versions of the same metadata. But it seems it allows it only
for some very specific fields, like Title.

When reading the spec, I had understood it would be possible to use it
for fields for which it is not explicitely allowed (in other words, that
lang-alt are allowed anywhere), but it seems I'm the only one
understanding it that way. Which means that even if I read it right, it
won't be supported by other applications, which is of course a big
problem.

Oh well, I can live without 'em and there are plenty of other things to
keep me busy.

Cheers,
Thomas "mercen" PARIS

--
Google Talk / Jabber: mercen jabber typhon net
http://mercen.org         <- news