Usage info...

Hi

After some time playing, yesterday I started working seriously with
f-spot, trying to index my photo archive.
I have a couple of newbie questions:

1. Actually I store my photos on a "server" with sw raid. I'm indexing
the pics from there via a samba mount, NOT copying them on my laptop
where I run f-spot. What happens if someday I'll move my photo
archive? I'll lose all my pic references?
I'm doing this way because I have a large pic archive, and I don't
want to duplicate it on my laptop! Am I working the right way?

2. Yesterday it happened to me some date weirdness... Pictures
imported with a date of 2001 then happened to appear as of today. I
noted that adding a comment to a pic would result in a date change of
the pic (I mean the date displayed below the thumbnail), and maybe for
other actions which I still have to identify. Is this a known/regular
behaviour?

I'm using cvs of a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks
Ciao