Re: Importing tagged photos does not assign tags to photos!

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 13:57 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 05/07/06, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com> wrote:
> > Could you also send a link to a photo with Hebrew tags?
> http://dotancohen.com/with_hebrew.jpg
> The Hebrew tag is: ביאטריס

Hi

I just managed to squeeze in some time, and tested this one very
quickly.

I am a bit confused for sure. My version of F-Spot (with my patch) do
not import the Hebrew tag at all from this photo.

I am not sure it is tagged properly.
If you check the first photo (tagged with Dotan), you will see the
following:
Predicate = >>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type<<
Object = >>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Bag<<
Meta = >>_<<
Subject = >>_<<
Predicate = >>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#_1<<
Object = >>"Dotan"<<
Meta = >>_<<
Subject = >><<
Predicate = >>http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/subject<<
Object = >>_<<
Meta = >>_<<
Subject = >>_<<

But I can not find this at all for the last one.
F-Spot finds a keyword though, in its MetaData view window.
Hmm. Perhaps the patch misses something here, or maybee I miss something
(highly likely :( )

On the other hand...
The UserComment looks like this
Predicate = >>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#li<<
Object = >>"\\u05DE\\u05E1\\u05DC\\u05D5\\u05DC"@x-default<<
Meta = >>_<<
Subject = >><<
Predicate = >>http://ns.adobe.com/exif/1.0/UserComment<<

I am running F-Spot from console, with default character set
bengt workie:~$ locale
LANG=en_AU.UTF-8

And yes, the comment looks like this on the F-Spot gui as well.